Shipping Protection covers lost, stolen, and damaged items that fit the following criteria. Review the policies to understand what lost, stolen, and damaged items will be covered.
Lost Items Policies
Packages presumed to be lost
- Order issues for packages presumed to be lost by the carrier (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed no sooner than 7 days after the last tracking update for United States domestic shipments (20 days for international shipments, including Canada unless a Canadian merchant is shipping within Canada in which case the 7 day domestic shipment timeline applies) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Invalid address or delivery barriers
- Sometimes carriers cannot deliver the customer’s package due to an invalid address or other unexpected delivery barriers. At this point, the carrier might return the package to the sender/retailer. The customer’s package is not actually lost, thus Shipping Protection does not cover this. In instances where the item is being returned to the sender, customers will be contacted to see if they wish to pay a reshipping fee.
Only part of the order delivered
- If the customer ordered several items in one package but only part of the order arrived and there is no evidence of tampering, Shipping Protection does not cover the order issue.
- If a single order is being shipped in multiple packages and one package does not arrive, Shipping Protection will cover the order issue and reorder or refund the value of the undelivered package.
- If you suspect that an item is missing from your order, the customer needs to reach out to us to have the missing items fulfilled.
Packages labeled "return to sender"
- Shipping Protection does not cover packages labeled return to sender because the order has been sent back to the retailer. Items are returned to sender when a customer provides an invalid or undeliverable address or refuses a delivery.
Order issue filed too soon
- If the customer is filing an order issue the same day that the package was marked as delivered, at our discretion we may ask you to wait 5 business days. Carriers (FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc.) sometimes prematurely mark the package as delivered when it’s still in transit.
Stolen Items Policies
Delivered but missing package
At our discretion, we may require a police report when the customer’s package is marked as delivered.
- Customer files the police report.
- Send us the police report PDF & number in the order issue.
Upon request, we can require additional documentation (e.g. proof of identity, address, etc.).
Note: Depending upon the jurisdiction, a false police report may be charged as a misdemeanor or a felony
**Order issues for packages marked "delivered" yet not received are considered as stolen and must be filed 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises.
Delivered to wrong address
- If the customer input the correct address at checkout and the package was delivered to the wrong address, this order is treated as stolen and we will replace the order on behalf of the customer.
Damaged Items Policies
- A damaged item is considered to be a broken product that is unusable due to either manufacturing defect or it was damaged in the shipping process.
- We will require further evidence of the customer’s damaged item (i.e. more photos, videos, etc.).
Out of stock
- In the event that an item is out of stock and cannot be replaced, an alternate item or refund may be offered.
Input wrong address
- If the customer entered the wrong address at the time of order, Shipping Protection does not cover this.
Expedited shipping hasn't arrived
- If the customer’s package is delayed for whatever reason, Shipping Protection will not cover it.
- Carriers update their website with expected delays due to inclement weather or other barriers to expected delivery.
- If the customer paid for expedited shipping but the package arrives outside of the expected window, Shipping Protection will not cover it.
Payment installment companies
- For payment installments (Sezzle, Afterpay, etc.), it is the customer’s responsibility to pay the payment installment company directly.
Didn't want Shipping Protection
- If the item has shipped & Shipping Protection was purchased, it is already protecting the package and cannot be refunded to the customer.
Filing a Claim
- All you need to get started is your email (from your order) and Order #
- File a Claim HERE